Monday, December 7, 2009

3 women (1977)

I did this drawing of Shelley Duvall because I loved her character in 3 women.I've always wanted to draw her and I didn't think it was gonna be hard because her face looks like a drawing anyway.She has one of the weirdest faces I've ever seen.People used to call her the 'Texas Twiggy' because she is really skinny with huge sleepy eyes.




I watched 3 women about 4 months ago and I can't stop thinking about it.I was surprised that I had never heard of it before.It reminded me of Mullholand Drive and Ingmar Bergman's Persona.The pain and loneliness that a woman can feel in different stages of her life was shown in a bizarre but beautiful way through breathtaking acting and amazing cinematography.I know a lot of people think that these kind of films are just pretentious and that they don't mean anything but I think that everyone can have their own theory about their meaning.For some people they mean something and for some others they don't.I think it's the same with any kind of art.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lick the Star

Is that all there is?















Followers